Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Gist
Nora is sure that Patch is cheating on her with Marcy Miller, her long time enemy. A fight and a breakup and a ton of unanswered questions later, and Nora finds herself plunged into a world of mystery. At the center of this is a Nephilim Blood Society and a ring worn by the man who killed her father. A man who calls himself the Black Hand.

Then Nora sees her father who is supposed to be dead. She has to find out what is really going on, but the one person she has always depended on--her guardian angel Patch--is too busy guarding Marcy to help her out.

What I liked
Author Becca Fitzpatrick does an excellent job of giving just enough information to keep you reading to find out more. She kept me on the edge of my seat, my mind trying to solve the mysteries and until the very end she kept me guessing.

What I didn't like
There were times I wanted to shake Nora. She seemed to always trust the wrong people and distrust the ones that I knew had to be the good guys (particularly Patch). I thought Nora was controlling and foolish and needed a good dose of common sense. Yet Nora was really believable, and although I was often frustrated with her, I considered the author's writing excellent on this. She certainly had my emotions in an uproar.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment