Outside In by Maria V. Snyder

Outside In by Maria V. Snyder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's hard to find good YA sci-fi, especially one featuring a teenage girl. Maria V. Snyder starts this off at the top of a roller coaster and doesn't let you go until the end of the ride. And since I dreamt the story the night I finished it, I guess she didn't let me go even then.

Trella has to be one of top ten of the grittiest heroines. She's always putting herself in harm's way to save others, and when the world pushes her, she always pushes back. That's why I think it's awesome how this character struggled with taking on responsibility throughout the story. In the previous book, she led the rebellion, but when the war was over, she let someone else take the reins. Why? Because she was too scared to make a mistake, and as a result, her world fell into turmoil.

The committee can't make decisions because they are too busy deliberating. Workers are on strike because of the division lines between the Uppers and the Scrubs. And now saboteurs are bombing major systems within the ship.

View all my reviews

1 comment: